Saturday, December 03, 2005

Interacte

This week I was robbed twice and poisoned twice. The boss has been on vacation and I've been in charge. No fun, though, because it's still his department. The result is a week of anxiety, long hours and overworking. So tired, so very tired.

Twice, no, three times I left money, checks, check card, or a combination of those three in my car. I never do that, but I've been exhausted at work with no energy left for memory or good sense. In two raids, all three exchange media have been stolen from the front seat. And no, I didn't lock the damned car. That would have required enough psychic energy to engage brain, memory, and small motor skills, all of which are still spazzing out on me. The first theft would have been enough to prevent the second, except that I was convinced that I simply lost the checks. Already the memory was in shreds. The deja vue feeling of the second theft convinces me the check disappeared at the hands of a local walker. Expensive lesson at a time I'm too tired to absorb it.

Poisoning was surely part of the problem. Quiznos came to town. Their menu is extensive and somewhat differently focused than that of Subway. But similar to Charlie's, where I've never had a problem. Anyway, I had the steak sub. Just yummy, but apparently the sauces have some sort of MSG. Lost about five pounds in one long, hard night of work and running to the ladies' room (on the other side of the building). Like a dummy, the next day I celebrated feeling better with orange juice (I must remember the hives and sore throat...) and vodka. Did you know you can vomit bile from deep within the recesses of your bowels, like a cat? Once the stomach is empty, it has to come from somewhere.

But I'm better today. Just a little lighter and washed out and twitchy; the MS is flaring up from all the nerves. I'll live, but I won't like it for a while.

pb
Little Pond

1 comment:

Karen of Scottsdale said...

Oh you poor dear! Praying you feel better soon. {hugs}