Thursday, April 23, 2009

It took them a while.

Yesterday we were finally all in accord. All of us hate working in Binghamton, including our buddy who actually started out there, and was at least not unhappy to return.

The first week I was called into the Star Chamber. You know, the place where there are two levels of supervisor and just one of you. I had said that I was afraid I was going to wind up not caring, because I was overwhelmed by the difficulty of the adjustment.

Helpfully, they told me I'd better keep it to myself. Thanks for the assist, guys.

Less than two weeks later, one of my co-commuters was called in and treated the same. She had committed the sin of leaving unfinished work with her supervisor. The supe thought it was necessary to call in the next level to chew her out.

Apparently they are not too happy about our commuting situation.

Well, this week our last buddy was given a raft of it over her suggestions regarding workflow, as regarding customers from our old work place. I never make suggestions: they resent it.

She did not take it lying down, however. She went right over the heads of them both.

Can't wait to watch the fallout.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: