Thursday, July 14, 2005

Non-Post

Just a quick note to explain: don't much feel like posting lately. The heat is goshawful with enough humidity to curl the dachshund's short hair. So I will play video games in the air-conditioned living room.

Don't misunderstand me: This entails cleaning the entire first floor of the house. Not because I believe in work before play. But because I need glasses to play my Final Fantasy. VI, to be specific. Where the world is being destroyed by (naturally) an evil emperor and a demented Magitek knight. This time around I am playing with the minimum of magic. Eventually I hope to play without access to any esper magic whatsoever. In the meantime, my head is full of the gameplay music (some with lyrics!)

Ahem. As I was saying, this entails cleaning the living room, at the very least. Wearing my glasses will point up how dirty the place really is, since I usually clean without glasses, to minimize the effort that will be largely wasted on cleaning a house that is shared with an avid gardener. Husband RJ passes the entire summer planting and transplanting flowers and, this year, veggies. My floors are dirty with real earth-type dirt, and strewn with tiny bits of grass.

And I cannot stand to sit in a dirty room, even if the dirt is healthy, organic-type garden loam. That really should be carefully collected and lovingly re-deposited in the backyard. So, to the vacuum, to watch the cats and Granddog scatter. As if I regularly reinforce their terror by sucking them up into the darn thing, just to be mean.

But that's a whole other blog.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: