Thursday, September 11, 2008

Unhappy anniversary.

On this day seven years ago, my husband called me from work and said, "You'd better turn on the television." I'll never forget it; it was a bright, sunny day in the city.

I spent the next few days trying to find a girlfriend who worked in the area. Thank heavens, she had a bug and stayed home in Queens to visit the doctor instead.

The only time I ever visited the WTC, there was a spider-man stunt that shut down the elevators. He had some sort of ladder or chain he attached to the side of the building and was climbing it.

Speaking of Spiderman: I have a tiny disk with the original trailer that was pulled after the attacks. It doesn't play on my current Presario; I guess it doesn't like Vista. The original trailer showed Spidey catching bad guys in a helicopter; he slings a web between the twin towers.

I wish I could watch that trailer again.

(Ha! Here it is!)

Much, much more, I wish we could visit the towers again.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: