Saturday, February 11, 2006

And I Think to Myself

What a wonderful world.

The past few days have been stressful. My boss was acutely ill and refused to go to the hospital. Then he compounded the stupidity by arriving four hours late to work the next day. And refusing to answer the phone before he left! I grabbed his boss and we went to see if we could find the body, but guess who showed up in the parking lot? He admitted that he felt lousy and almost went to the hospital, but again insisted he needed no doctor, yet. But he's alive, if not well. My nerves are recovering, thank you.

This item at the Happy Catholic makes me smile: I love my Everloving Blogmother and my dear, sweet Blogsister and cannot imagine life without them. Furthermore, my life expanded exponentially when I first went online. Husband RJ said that once online, a person's world is forever changed, and there is no going back.

He is right. It is my immeasurable pleasure, then, to reintroduce Dreaming Again. She's back and sharing the overwhelmingly good news of recent events in her household. Blog on, Baby; we are all rooting for you.

And finally, a day late and a dollar short: Five on Friday is up my alley, and probably yours:

Of course I follow current events. I work on a newspaper!
The biases I see at the paper sometimes enrage me.
My primary sources would be Internet, CNN and the paper.
Absolutely do not trust the papers, or television. Remember, they must please their paying customers, as well as those who advertise. As such, they are double whores.
The top story of the week is the discovery of a previously unexplored, undocumented wilderness. No contest.

pb
Little Pond

7 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Hello! Well, it's nice to know that my blog updates are actually showing up! When I look, all I see is that spam spam spam that's been there for months! :)

Sooo fun to be home!

What a great time to be on line too ... someone turned winter back on in the great state of Oklahoma! It's COLD!!!! Also ...what is better than watching the Olympics and chatting with friends around the world while blogging????

Thanks for keeping up with me while I was MIA!

Karen of Scottsdale said...

I was beginning to wonder what well you fell into. lol

Sissy Willis said...

I love you, too, sweet blogdaughter. Do watch your back when you're watching CNN, though. When they are good, they are very, very good, but when they're bad . . . :)

Sissy Willis said...

'Forgot to add to my previous comment

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

pb said...

Louis Armstrong sings this song in my head constantly. The verse you add above, especially, can make me tear up. I miss the old soul singers and cherish those that are left, all the more.

Sissy Willis said...

Me too. After my mother died a few years ago and my father -- the intrepid Goomp -- hooked up with Mummie's girlhood friend and later couples friend Betsy, that was their theme song. After a few years of joy between Betsy and Goomp, Betsy left this vale of tears, and only Goomp was left. We three siblings, two sisters and a brother, call him the Energizer Bunny. His kitties help him get through the day.

pb said...

One would never guess Goomp was older, than say, myself. "Busy" doesn't cut it. Regular visitors to Sissy's site will find photos of incredible engineering projects and hints of ongoing public works:

http://sisu.typepad.com/sisu/2006/02/it_does_not_mat.html

Or is that your sander, Sissy?