Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Postmortem on my week off.

I learned that I am full of new sensitivities:

Bought 12 pk of Miller High Life longnecks for the week. (Two per night with a few nights off.) After three nights, I woke in the morning with hives on my neck and face, and intestinal cramps. And forget the lovely Miller Chill. The citrus goes right through me, sore all the way through, too. (Sorry about that...)

A trip to the Corning Museum of Glass was cut short by an asthma fit. Albuterol inhaler was a big help, but my whole system was upset by the coughing and sneezing, and I left, if only to allow the rest of the tourists to enjoy their very expensive visit (remember, cmog is not government subsidized) in peace. I highly recommend the glass flower exhibit because it's not what one would expect from the television ads. Amazing stuff.

Spent one rainy day cooking a huge pot of tomato sauce for the VeggieGirl. Ate one tiny slice of leftover tomato, and got a sore throat with stomach upset. Also I learned that while unripe cantaloupe tastes like cucumbers, it still rips through the system like unripe fruit.

Some day I will grow up and stop putting everything in my mouth (just because it looks good).

pb
Little Pond

1 comment:

Granny J said...

What a bummer! Sorry to hear that your time off was not all it could have been!