Thursday, November 03, 2005

De Facto Fall has finally arrived...

... and we are officially on the road to Thanksgiving Day. The asthma-like symptoms are receding, blood pressure is dropping. The side effects from all the new drugs are also abating. I am feeling better, thank you very much.

So naturally I am gaining weight again. The cure is exercise and activity. Both of which should no longer result in a huge coughing fit, followed by minutes of gasping and panting.

Primed the porch deck this morning. The sun was gorgeous, and awfully hot for November. The awnings are cleaned and tied up for the winter, and the light is streaming into the front windows unobstructed.

So naturally the streaks are painfully obvious: it's time to clean and wipe the windows. Fall cleaning is in full swing. Thank heavens I have my daughters who gladly take (nearly) anything I wish to toss. The rooms should be lightened of clutter before the holidays.

We are trying to divest ourselves of all the extras that were accrued for the sake of the girls. I am not a packrat, but Husband RJ is. Multiple Sclerosis makes me clumsy, and I find a sparer home is easier to navigate. Out goes anything we won't be using!

So naturally the garage remains stubbornly full of the (you guessed it!) girls' stuff. Let alone anything we would need to add. Oh, I don't know, maybe a car or something. Rain or shine, the garage gets it this weekend. If rainy, I will make a few trips to the recycling/milling center. If sunny, an impromptu garage sale is in the offing. With "Free--You Haul" items only. First come, first served. The garage gets emptied before the first snow. That's the drop-dead bottom line.

So naturally I'm getting tired just planning it. Ugh.

(But it's not all work: took some time for a pet shoot in the sunshine.)

pb
Little Pond

No comments: