Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Friday is Veteran's Day

Posted by Picasa
My Grampa's engagement book. A gift from his widowed mother.

There's one entry that catches my attention today. Saturday, July 1 (1916):
"Saw the ocean again."

A young man, away from home, facing unknown, but certain, danger. A view of the ocean would be refreshing to the soul of a New Englander. All the more so for a young man from Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.

I will post again for Veteran's Day. Some links for the meanwhile:

Friday, start the day with Five on Friday. I found this when I was trying to locate my post on earworms. I intend to visit every week. Here's another that's lots of fun, especially for the bloggers. Thanks to LaShawn Barber.

It's not blogging, if I don't visit my Everloving Blogmother, Sissy. And she has a new subject! Or rather, Goomph does.

And if you want more of Veteran's Day, it's being celebrated to the max at the Cotillion. Because Elmira, New York is home to Woodlawn National Cemetery, we are always in touch with our military past. The price of freedom is always close at hand here.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: