Sunday, June 24, 2007

Again!

For the third time in 25 years, I have been summoned for jury duty.

The first time, before the MS diagnosis, I was simply dismissed due to plea bargaining.

The second time I was very sick with MS and excused.

This time, I don't know. I will once again go to my Neuro and present the papers. He will likely give me another document. I am hard of hearing--but they offer signers and listening devices!--and tire easily, within two or three hours at best, and am unpredictably incontinent. My guess is that the last one will probably convince them.

The fact that I work nights isn't any sort of factor. It makes me available to serve days, and as far as Gannett is concerned, I can also work that night, too. No compensation offered. That is the policy for night workers.

It gets really old really fast.

pb
Little Pond

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

I've never been called. I don't know what I'd do.

I find the process facinatiing and one of my first thoughts when I found out I was sick was "What if i get called for jury duty?"

The doctor said "we can write you an excuse" and I said "but I don't WANT an excuse'

At that time, they said I'd never be able to serve ...

I'd been thinking, I could do it anyway as much better as I've been ....
this last month, is making me re think that ...

it's reminding me how much compensating I really do do for my body's limitations.

growlch