Thursday, June 28, 2007

I just had the most extraordinary dream.

In it, I was led into a room by my parents (who in reality live six hours away in Mass). The room was filled with Great Cats. There were tigers, leopards, lynxes, ocelots, and I don't know what else. There were lots of black ones. But no pumas, because I was asking for the pumas. It was all for my birthday, even though that was in April!

We had to be careful, because scratching at them, even behind the ears, made them over excited, and they could turn on us. I was scratching and stroking them anyway, and the handlers had to intervene. Some of the cats went under the furniture (so it sure wasn't my tiny little house).

The reason I'm posting this silly little dream is this: When I told my husband about it, he said it wasn't a dream, it was a premonition. That's what he's getting me next year.

Just to get it on record. I'm going to hold him to it.

pb
Little Pond

2 comments:

Salar37_Shushan said...

You are getting a kitty? Cool! Odd the way all cats act so mucht he same, big and small. Only differences are in individual personalities while dog breeds can predict most dog personalities.

The cat will always walk by himself ;)

Granny J said...

Read recently that unlike our other domesticated animals, the cat domesticated him (or her) self by moving in on the first neolithic farmers. Another fascinating fact: the puma is the only large cat that purrs.