Thursday, June 21, 2007

Living with a smoker who lives with a forgetful jerk.

I was sweeping the carpet (yes, sweeping, with a carpetsweeper, so as not to frighten the cats) when I found a huge pile of ashes, and two--two!--new burns. Good thing it's a dark carpet.

I was thinking, "If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have married him."

Then I thought, "I am a liar. Of course I would still marry him. For the very same reasons that have kept us married despite the smoking, and other things."

You married people understand: I have my own shortcomings. I'm very forgetful, and just terrible with dates.

Earlier today, before he left for work, I found an envelope for me.

Inside he had written:

"What would I have done without you these past 27 years? Love you very much."

Happy Anniversary, Husband RJ, from the forgetful jerk.

pb
Little Pond

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have similar thoughts about my husband. Happy Anniversary!

Dreaming again said...

Awww ... Happiest of Anniversaries!