Thursday, October 13, 2005

Links for a dreary day

Was supposed to shop Chase-Pitken and Lowes for my EQ2 today. But Consumer Square is the pits in this weather. Think I'll take the GrandDog for a long, rainy-day walk. That includes the ridiculous raincoat (that she hates to wear) and a rainhat for me. Heaven forbid I should head out of the house without headgear!

Expect traffic also around the local Jewish houses of worship today. Foot traffic, that is. Rishon Rishon almost always obliges with a needed explanation of why our neighborhood synagogue is busy. A related story can be found at Winds of Change. The older I get, the more I appreciate stories of conversion. Catholics have always been encouraged to view conversion as a lifetime endeavor. Apparently, some similar thinking circulates through the Talmud, too. The pith of this link is actually here, and is the most beautiful reflection on life and its cycles that I have ever read.

Speaking of conversions, Dr. Adams spells out his own, to Conservatism, that is. In many ways, his gradual conversion mirrors my own. And he is a pleasant and well-groomed young fellow, easy on the eyes, if somewhat prickly to the mind. Wish he'd blog more.

And finally a light note: Perils of the Webcam from Karen of Scottsdale! Why I will never, ever have a webcam or videophone in my home. Our home is too private, and I can get careless, too.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: