Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I am not a serious blogger...

You may remember my oft-repeated admonition that my stuff is loathed by serious bloggers. See the kicker here, directly under the blog header.

Well here's proof that I am not just paranoid. Well, okay. I am paranoid. But I am not, I repeat, not, a serious blogger. Note the spammy sort of comment that naturally appears first. An AD for a domain!

Blogger is not perfect, but it's where we got to have our first "say." And many do move up to their own private domain. But, what elitism! Blogging has gone to its own special dogs:

"So goodbye, Yellow Brick Road, Where the dogs of society howl..." (Elton John and Bernie Taupin)

I guess the best part of moving up is forgetting one's roots.

pb
Little Pond

3 comments:

Ahmad said...

I was going through people's blogs tonight, and have already had a look at dozens, all with serious political, religious issues. I feel they've made me sick. But coming to yours now, it is all different. I read some interesting things that made me happy. Thanks,

Karen of Scottsdale said...

I am so glad you're not a serious blogger! Blogging should be fun most of the time and serious only a little bit of the time. Leave the seriousness for those who don't know how to have fun. LOL

mdmhvonpa said...

Heh ... serious blogging is akin to making your hobby into your job. I just makes you jaded.