Friday, June 09, 2006

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days!

A Grease-y new twist on Five on Friday: Summer Lovin'

1--Farthest I've ever gone on vacation was the Caribbean. By car alone: Fontana Village in the Great Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. Ten days of absolutely breath-taking views and the incredible experience of waking up in a rain forest after a night of thunderstorms. Now I'm addicted to thunderstorms!

2--The best car for a vacation would be any hatchback that includes a sun/moon roof and air conditioning. I've slept in the back of a hatchback that opened to make a shelf, creating plenty of room to sleep. Great fallback during the busy seasons.

3--Love (or lust) at first sight has always resulted in disaster for me. I was particularly susceptible when I was young woman in my early twenties.

4--Okay, this is sounds a little pathetic. The last fight I had with Husband RJ was over Bush's election. We are polar opposites, politically. Why can't we fight about great places for covert lovemaking?

5--Participating in raising MommaDog and VeggieGirl has always been the most amazing thing. In my whole life. Hands down. Awesome kids.

So get that summer thing going! And drive carefully, the kids will be out of school.

pb
Little Pond

3 comments:

Karen of Scottsdale said...

I love thunderstorms! We get awesome ones here during the summer monsoon season. I am so looking forward to that.

arguing about politics versus covert lovemaking -- definitely don't go with politics

Bonita said...

We're finally getting some lovely sunny, warm days. Thawing and drying out are major life changes here. Hope you enjoy the weather.

Salar37_Shushan said...

I like your take on the 5.

Thunderstorms can be awesome! Had a few lately. free fireworks! whee! :D

Susan