Thursday, February 01, 2007

Black History Month

Okay, so I'm definitely white bread, but I was eating a chocolate-covered, chocolate biscotti with a glass of warmed milk, when I remembered what New Orleans Mayor Naglee said about chocolate and milk. I never had a problem with that, myself being a chocoholic. That got me thinking about Black History Month.

So I went over the LaShawn Barber's Corner, and sure enough, she's right on the money. Our local paper has already touched on her hero, too. The fellow who started the whole Black History movement.

But of course, if you are a regular visitor to the Little Pond, you already know who my local hero and saint is. I'm not telling just yet, because I will link to the paper when he appears. We have some other local black heroes, too. So watch this space, all month, for notable black history maker and news makers.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: