Sunday, May 22, 2005

Bright Sights on a Gray Day

People who are owned by dogs had better learn to love inclement weather. Granddog Ellie insisted on a walk. Turns out she was, shall we say, uncomfortable. Husband RJ wanted to know if I would take the camera.

Mais bien sur, Monsieur. After all, I would only shoot things that caught my eye. Ellie seemed a tad unwell, so she halted often, and pulled with impatience.

Lots of things are eyecatching in the rainy season. Resourceful locals must decorate with the gray days in mind.

By the way, the flag hanging over the rhododendrons has a quote from Ecclesiastes. "To every thing there is a season...and a time to every purpose under heaven."

Both synagogues are very busy so early in the morning today. I'll look it up, but for now I'm guessing it's the Feast of Weeks. The Catholic calendar shows Pentecost, and oftentimes the two correspond quite closely. Don't know absolutely and I don't have access right now to HebCal Interactive Jewish Calendar. I'll note above if I'm wrong, especially to correctly identify the Feast.

Please note especially the container gardens. They often start out quite small in May and expand with the growing season. Precious and plenty in a tight space.

I present to you, in no particular order, Bright Sights on a Gray Day.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: