Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Visiting at Starbucks

Barnes and Noble, my foot! We didn't go to B&N, we went to Starbucks. I passed through B&N, feeling vagely guilty that I wasn't there to buy books. Still feel guilty. Marvel trade paperbacks reminded me that I still have not purchased the graphic novel "From Hell." Or any other related item not personally hand delivered by my coworker, who graciously purchases for me from a bookstore in Ithaca.

Anyway. I met my golf friend Kris in the front of B&N and we had a nice time. We were joined later by her friend Terry. The entire visit was a revelation to me. I had never gone to a coffee shop to buy coffee and chat. That can't make me old, because the kids have been doing it forever. Don't know why it took so long for me.

Kris mentioned a wonderful recent trip to the Mark Twain Golf Course. She loved it, the scenery and setting sent her to her "happy place." She waxed poetic about how happy she was there. I was struck by how similar her description was to how I feel about sightseeing through this area. Specifically when I'm out on the riverfront or walking my Granddog.

The following photos show a new happy place for me. A hideaway into which I may duck to escape a hectic shopping day in Big Flats.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: